Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Holiday Fabrics

Of course, after my sewing class on Saturday, I had to look and touch the new fabric for Valentine's Day.  Who cannot resist fabric?????

Aren't these gorgeous.  It is icy, snowy and rainy today in New Jersey.  I took a day off from work and all I can think about are these fabrics.  How cute will they look as burb cloths, bibs and isolette blankets.   Then I started thinking about St. Patrick's Day.  My fabric shop didn't have any.  I just had to have some so the internet search was on.  I found these cuties at Joanne's.  http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/category.jsp;jsessionid=7949CAF9C44DE63A4142EEE63B3953D0.a2p1?_DARGS=/joann/catalog/narrowselection.jsp.narrowresults1

                   

I forgot to almost say what I made at my sewing class on Saturday.  It was a clean up day.  I had a lot of things cut out, close openings, do decorative top stitching and finish up loose ends.  I never sewed with interlocking knits or really any baby apparel fabrics.  This sleeper was started last June for the July 4th delivery and I never finished it.  The ribbing terrified me.  My teacher finally said enough, sat me down and taught me how to do the ribbing.  It isn't that hard.  I think she started a ribbing monster. LOL LOL LOL.  Here is the little sleeper and I have three more cut out.

Notice the snaps.  I love using my KAM snap press.

No comments:

Post a Comment