Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cooper Delivery on Friday

This week is turning into such a busy week.  It has gotten cold, cold and colder  Burrrrrr!!!!  This Friday I will be making the "Caring For Cooper" Christmas Delivery to Cooper Hospital's NICU unit.  This is by far the largest delivery of the year. In this delivery, we donate 36 stockings for babies born on Christmas.  There will be gifts for all the nurses which is about 80 and all the winter items we have for the preemies and newborns.  This time I even some hug pillows for the "C" section patients (more on this later).  Last weekend and through this week, I am getting packages, packing, marking and finishing up last minute things.  Last night I finished up 3 burb cloths and 5 bibs with Christmas patterns.  This morning before I left for work at 6am I was installing snaps onto the bibs.  But, at least, they are all done. 

When I was working on the bibs last night, my machine was hesitating or stopping while doing the fancy borders.  This made me nervous because my machine just goes on forever.  My sewing teacher keeps telling me to clean and oil my machine.  I do a lot of flannel so my machine is caked on with lint and hasn't been oiled for about two years.  My teacher tells me that I should be doing TLC every couple of weeks.  In fact, she felt so bad for my machine that one Saturday she got the vacuum and tried to get as much lint off as possible.  LOL LOL LOL  Now I feel bad.  My machine has been so good to me.  So the moral of the story is that tonight I am going to give my machine a lot of TLC.   I am going to take my machine apart and clean every nook and cranny and give it a lot of oil.  I hope this machine doesn't seize up because of all the cleaning. LOL LOL LOL  That would be my luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment