Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Homeless

There is a particular soft spot in my heart for babies.  I, also, like the idea of making smaller items because they get done quicker.  But, there are others in desperate need, too.  A co-worker of mine is very dedicated to her church.  The church after Sunday services make up approximately 100 lunches which consist of a sandwich, fruit, dessert and water.  They go into center city Trenton and hand them out to the homeless.  I have always admired Darleen for this and even giving monetary donations to her for food supplies.  A couple of weeks ago she asked a few close associates of hers at work for coats for the homeless.  Since my immediate commitment to Cooper is done for a little bit, I promised Darleen that I would start making hats and mittens for the homeless.  It is getting very cold outside and you would be surprised at the number of homeless.  Isn't there someone you could make something for?  I am sure there is.......  I remember when my children were in school and the school use to have a drive for hats and mittens for the needy children who went to the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment