Monday, June 20, 2011

Yarn Scraps

I actually did this post a couple of days ago but I couldn't wait to show you my progress on my squares so I jumped that post ahead of his one.

What do you do with the yarn you have left over from a project especially the small pieces that you cannot possibly make anything even a preemie hat.  How about keeping the different yarn weights separate and tying the scrap pieces together to make a large ball.

 You can make a blanket with it or for a faster way to use it up is to make blanket edgings.  A quick baby blanket is to take a yard of fleece (60" wide) and cut it in half which will give you a 30" x 36" blanket, round the corners, make holes around the edge and crochet an edge.


  I do the edge with a single crochet in the hole and a sc between the holes using a size "H" hook.  I love making blankets like this.  It is so fast.  My method for making the holes is using a skip-stitch rotary blade.  http://www.skipstitch.com/products.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment