Sunday, November 7, 2010

5 Hour Sweater

This is my favorite pattern to use when making sweater sets.  I have made many of them and it still takes me about 8 hours to complete.  There is also many variations of this pattern.  This will be the first of a series.  I will try to make as many variations of this basic pattern and post them to you.  This pattern has a lacy yoke with making stitches by pulling a loop in-between stitches and has ties to close the sweater.

I used Bernat Softee Baby with size 10 needles.  The chest size on this sweater is 16".  Besides the set, there was enough yarn left to do a hat and a couple of squares for a blanket.  This pattern is from Bev's County Cottage.  Bev's site is a wonderful site for the person that wants to craft for charity.  And as always, this pattern should be used for charity purposes:  http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/kp3.html

Here is tip that I use when using the same pattern over and over again.  I write each row on an index card and all I have to do is flip the card to the back when completed.  This enables me to always keep track where I am and it is portable.  I keep the cards together with a large clip style paperclip.

No comments:

Post a Comment