Monday, November 22, 2010

Charities

With the holidays and winter coming upon us very quickly, the needs of others become more public.  But the needs are always there.  Winter does bring more of a need for gloves, hats and coats.   If you have extra yarn, knit/crochet a pair of slippers for someone in a nursing home.  Check your closets for coats that you know won't be worn this year.  If you have a coupon for a turkey but aren't using it, donate it to a local family who can feed their family with it.  My heartstrings are always pulled for the babies but during this time of year, I always want to do more than I can even afford.  Hats and mittens for children take very little yarn and are very easy to create. As I mentioned before, I started a lunch group at work.  I will teach you how to knit or crochet and supply the materials but you have to donate that item back to me.  The group has expanded and everyone is teaching each other their favorite method of creating.  I find it funny but, at least, four woman have bought looming kits with their 60% coupons off for Michaels and AC Moore this week.  Here is last week's creations.  I brought in one skein and one crochet hook and now everyone is using their own supplies and tools.  The creating for charity is addictive and I am proud to be involved in giving others the fever.   I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment