Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Baby Afghan is Done

I kept at it and finished the blanket last night.  This blanket is very easy.  I used size D crochet hook and sport yarn (3).  I will make this blanket again but would use a larger hook and DK yarn.  Now I can start a new project.  I am off from work today.   In between cleaning and cooking, I am looking at patterns and yarn.  Here is the pattern I just finished.


BABY AFGHAN (REVERSIBLE) - Crochet

D or E Hook and Baby (Sport) Yarn

Chain 182 - sc in 2nd chain from hook, skip 2, 5 dc in 3rd, skip 2, sc in next, continue across chain ending with sc in last ch.  Ch3, turn.

Row 2...  2 dc in back loop of last sc, then sc in 3rd dc under both loops.  5 dc in next sc in back loop only.  Continue across row (always put the 5 dc in the next sc, ch 1, turn.

Row 3... Make a sc in top of first dc, then 5 dc in next sc and continue in pattern, (end with sc in top of ch 3) until it looks square or longer.

Make 3 rows of sc around, increasing in corners.

Then make dc, ch 2, skip 1 sc, dc in next to make beading for ribbon insert.

Then, make two rows of sc.

Then, make two rows of pattern.

Weave a length of ribbon through spaces.


No comments:

Post a Comment