Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ribbon/Tulle Tutu

I broke down and made a non charity item.  I will do this occasionally especially for my granddaughter.  She had ballet class on Oct 29th and I found this really easy, cute pattern for making a ribbon tutu.  All of the ribbons came from my stash and went together quickly.

You figure out the elastic length and just start tying the ribbons on.  The pattern can be found here:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=278841.0  Here is another site that uses tulle.  http://www.make-baby-stuff.com/tutu-sewing-pattern.html  These were so much fun to make.  I do have a tidbit for you.  When I determined the elastic I needed, I tied the ribbons on as stated in the directions.  When my granddaughter wore it, the elastic stretched and there were spaces in between the knots.  Next time, I am going to stretch the elastic out a little and then tie the ribbons on.  I am sure there is a little girl in your world that would love this skirt even as a play dress up skirt.  And, here is the little one modeling.  She loved twirling around in the skirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment