Sunday, November 14, 2010

Another New Toy - Loom




                      
I have known about the looms and some of the members from my group loom hats but I have never even held one.  Carolyn from work has joined our luncheon group and she brought along her loom.  Lo and behold with a 50% off coupon from Michaels, I am an officially owner of a loom set. 

Carolyn showed me how it works and away I went.  The smallest loom is blue and generates the perfect size hats.  You do e-wraps around the pegs twice and pull the bottom loop over the top loop. 


The hat comes out a little thicker than knitting but it is very stretchy.  The recommended yarn is a bulky yarn or double strand thin yarn.  I don't think this is my main choice of making hats but it is convenient and quick.


No comments:

Post a Comment